Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2014

Those of us who only glimpsed the middle class for a minute in the 1990s know that we HAVE been having a war on jobs & money since 9/11.  Historically, when this country went to war (I learned this in poli-sci class IN the 90s, when I was finally able to go to college because the economy was good when we had a balanced budget.....blah blah blah....Clinton.....blah blah....womanizer.....blah blah blah...so was Kennedy and we still love him....blah blah blah)  any way...historically during war the economy grows; it does not go to snail's pace in income and a rocket in inflation.  War historically creates jobs and drives the GNP well into the black. But under the Dick Cheney administration it went the other way, except for Cheney and his good ole' boys.  The canyon between the rich class and the poor class can now rival the great landmark (The Grand Canyon). 

That's my political statement for today...My opinions can change at any moment to shut people who like to argue up....but for today this is not my opinion...it is my life experience....so now tell me that what I've experienced and how I feel is wrong.....hahahahaha.....and I will tell you how.....oh never mind....

I love every President we've ever had (can you hear the sarcasm yet?).  I am neither Republican nor Democrat.  I am a humanist.  I vote but I'm thinking about quitting just the way I quit smoking decades ago, I quit drinking alcohol (which I never liked anyway) many MANY years ago....apparently I've given up sex, but I forgot to tell my libido.....and I've given up just about every form of having fun known to man....and woman.

I think I should save the rest of my rants and raves for my blog, right?  My crazy is showing. (I originally wrote this in response to a meme on Facebook & thought that I shouldn't subject the innocents who agree to "FRIEND" me on Facebook to this stuff.)  Here's the meme...I hope:



Nope...couldn't do it....it seems like I get a FAIL a lot these days. It's either because I'm cursed by an evil gypsy OR I just don't try to make things happen anymore.  I'm going with the first one.

PS - I am very happy for my friends who have successfully maintained their position in the middle class, but please remember that MOST people who are currently IN the middle class came from a family who was already IN the middle class.  Those of us who came from upper-lower class (each class is divided into three sections...again...for my blog...I think I have one) where our parents only had a high school degree and worked at skilled labor jobs after being children of the Great Depression (no we are NOT there again). The fact that I came from many generations of explorers, artists, and pioneers does not mean that the inter-generational poverty is a moral disease.  Which will lead me into my next blog: Poverty is violent.

No comments:

Post a Comment